Antamedia mdoo (“Antamedia”) operates several websites including antamedia.com, starthotspot.com, antamediahotspot.com, antamediacafe.com, and others. It is Antamedia’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes – but is not limited to – for example, your name, telephone number, address and e-mail address.
Personal data, more or less means any piece of information that can be used to identify a person, which starts by name and address, but also goes as far as IP addresses.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our products and services. For example when you sign up to receive our newsletter, create an account or when you purchase a product or service from us. This type of information may include your name, e-mail address, user name, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, user generated content, post and other content you submit to our website and any other information you provide voluntarily to us.
- Information we collect from your use of our website
- Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources such as public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, household information, consumer and market research data.
For which purposes do we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide you with services and products that you request from us
- Communicate regularly with you to inform you about software updates, content, special offers and advertisements that may be of interest to you
- Contact you if this is required to perform our services
- To inform you about changes in our services and our software
- Send you an invoice for our services and products
- Establish cooperation with businesses to our mutual benefit
- Resolve consumer and/or product and services issues
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
- Improve your customer experience on our websites
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and services
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you
- Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us
- Create external marketing & analytics reports
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network
- Analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services and for business development
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the services and products available on the Platform, which third parties will process your personal data in conformance with this Privacy Statement. We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or resellers.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- If we sell a business or part of a business to another company than the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require from the buyer to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- To any other third party with your prior permission to do so.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which Antamedia (or its affiliates, subcontractors or resellers) maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How do we protect the personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through the website is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Under the data protection legislation, you (the data subject) have the right to obtain from Antamedia (the controller) confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is being processed, access to the personal data, request copies of your data, request rectification of your data, request erasure of your data, object to Antamedia processing your data, utilize the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing, request us to restrict the processing of your data and, where our platform allows, utilize the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you (a subject access request) and utilize the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. The following information further clarifies how data is being used:
• the purpose of the processing is to provide the services and products available on the Platform and to establish cooperation with businesses
• the categories of personal data include personal name and email address, and other data like address, phone if provided by the data subject
• personal data is not disclosed or shared to any third party or an international organization except in the cases above stated
• personal data is kept up to one year and deleted when data subject request is received, consent is withdrawn, or when unsubscribing from further communication
• you can request that we rectify inaccuracies and missing information in personal data we have about you, to erase personal data or to restrict processing of personal data or to object to such processing. You can do so by emailing [email protected]
• personal data may be collected directly from you, from your use of our website and our platform, or from other sources such as public databases and marketing companies
• data processing in platform does not have automated decision-making or profiling
Antamedia (the controller) shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. Data and information is usually sent in electronic form, unless otherwise requested by the data subject. The right to obtain a copy shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Links to other websites
Like most website operators, Antamedia collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Antamedia’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Antamedia’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Antamedia may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Antamedia also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on support portal, forum and blogs. Antamedia only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Antamedia’s websites choose to interact with Antamedia in ways that require Antamedia to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Antamedia gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at WordPress.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Antamedia – by purchasing access to the Akismet comment spam prevention service, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions.
In each case, Antamedia collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Antamedia. Antamedia does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Antamedia may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Antamedia may monitor the most popular pages on the websites or use spam screened by the third-party service to help identify spam. Antamedia may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Antamedia does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Antamedia discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Antamedia’s behalf or to provide services available at Antamedia’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Antamedia’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Antamedia will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Antamedia discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Antamedia believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Antamedia, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of an Antamedia website and have supplied your email address, Antamedia may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Antamedia and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Antamedia takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Cookies & Ads
Ads appearing on any of our websites may be delivered to users by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer.
How can you contact us?